We spend a lot of time and money taking care of ourselves, from going to the gym, eating sensibly and using beauty products, so we may not think about the effects certain products we use in our homes has on our health and well being.
There are countless pollutants in the environment that can be detrimental to our health and impossible for us to reduce as individuals and there are also pollutants in our homes which we can reduce ourselves. By making small changes we can improve our health and invest in our well being.
We love beeswax candles because they are a natural and safe alternative to cheap and nasty paraffin candles.
· Not chemically treated and processed which means you won’t be breathing in any of the chemicals and you won’t get
the dark plumes of smoke that you would normally see and smell.
· Made by bees which makes it 100% natural
· Has the highest melting point of any wax, which means it rarely drips and burns longer than your average candle.
· It’s carbon neutral which makes it better for the environment
· Has a natural light honey aroma that is non-toxic
· Safer for you and your family
You’re essentially buying a toxic cocktail.
Paraffin is a waste product produced during the petroleum refining process. The petroleum waste used in candles is bleached using 100% bleach compared to the 10% of bleach used in laundries to get our clothes clean. Paraffin when handled is done so using gloves, a lab coat, goggles and respirator, it’s not something you want to be coming into contact with in its raw form.
When burning a paraffin candle the smoke and soot from paraffin wax is found to contain:
· Methyl Ethyl KetoneSounds like things you would find in a garage with even a cross and bones danger symbol on it.